Friday, April 30, 2010

Wonderful people who make bedrest bearable :)

I feel so much happiness and gratitude right now for all my wonder friends helping us out right now. I truly didn't think bed rest would work, and I surely didn't want to ask for anyone's help. But sometimes it's so relieving to accept it. First, I must say that Eli, my awesome husband (who is still downstairs cleaning up the house), has spent 3 days doing all the kids' lessons with them, cooking, cleaning and putting the kids to bed AND taking care of me. Without complaining at all :) Yesterday, one of my sweet visiting teachers from church, brought us a delicious dinner and dessert. Today my sweet friend came by with her kids to visit, brought us another delicious dinner and beautiful cake, and a get well card. Tomorrow, another sweet sister from church is picking up all four of my kids to take them to a primary activity. And we have meals coming the rest of my bed rest week. I am so incredibly thankful for all the support of all my wonderful Relief Society sisters. I realized tonight, as my kids excitedly ate our delivered dinner, that they have really been lacking well rounded meals lately. With morning sickness constantly plaguing me, I have been throwing together whatever I can. They were truly overjoyed. (isn't that sad on my part? :) I am so happy that I will be able to finish out the remainder of the bed rest sentence with the help of such great, caring friends :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know you were on bed rest. But it sounds like for only a week? That is nice to have so much great help. There are so many sacrifices to having children. Its so nice when people willingly and lovingly help. We are still anxiously awaiting our baby to arrive. I am getting so uncomfortable! My tummy is super tight and I am so hot all the time that I haven't gotten really great sleep for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels weird to be on the receiving end but it makes it so much more fun when you get to be the one to give next time. :) What goes around comes around! Sad you have to be on bed rest but happy the baby is doing well. Let me know what meals you've had so I can send something *different* on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete